The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Rok za prijavu je do 22. svibnja 2022. godine. CV i motivacijsko pismo potrebno je poslati na engleskom jeziku. Pozicija je u uredu u Prištini.
Position title: Project officer
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Starting/Ending: February 2022 – replacement for maternity leave
Engagement: Fix term contract, full-time 100%
WWF is one of the world’s leading non-governmental and non-profit organizations for nature conservation. WWF has been established in 1961, and has representative offices in over 100 countries across the globe and approximately 7000 employees. The organization is proud of its supporters of over five million people.
WWF Adria is representing WWF within the countries of Western Balkans with approximately more than 60 employees. It operates through a WWF Adria office in Zagreb (Croatia), WWF Adria-Serbia office in Belgrade, and partner organizations and consultants within the rest of the region. To implement its conservation goals WWF Adria operates in the structure of different programmes (Marine, Freshwater, Protected Areas & Governance and Wildlife) which are contributing to protection of different ecosystems or to the improvement of governance of protected areas within the Protected Areas & Governance Programme.
As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We therefore welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political views.
- Implements programme activities according to programme workplans
- Maintains and develops partnerships and stakeholder engagement according to programme workplans
- Supports monitoring and reporting at the programme level
- Supports fundraising for WWF Adria program unit
Scope of duties:
- Lead policy and advocacy activities in Kosovo regarding natural resource management and protected area management
- Engage and regularly communicate with relevant institutional stakeholders in Kosovo
- Communicate with relevant CSOs in Kosovo, develop partnerships and advocacy plans to support the implementation of the programme
- Participate in the process of allocation of small grants and monitor their implementation in Kosovo
- Provide policy and advocacy support in Kosovo to other programme components (e.g. transboundary on Sharr Mountain, management of Germia)
- Engage with interested media on the topic of environmental corruption in Kosovo and initiate collaboration
- Monitor CSOs/CBOs engagement on local level monitoring of PA management practices and regular communication with them
- Updates and dissemination of new cases on natureforpeople.org (N4P) platform
- Identify interested donors/development agencies to promote N4P in replicating
- Minimum: A University degree in the broad area of environmental science, natural resources science, environmental law or related fields – min 2 years of work experience
- Basic knowledge of M&E systems at the programme level and programme administration (budgeting, administration procedures)
- Basic knowledge of the geography, societies, economies, politics and pertinent issues of conservation and development within the programme’s scope
- Basic knowledge of protected areas and natural resource management cycles in Kosovo
- Good oral and written Albanian (preferably and Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian/Montenegrin) and good English communication skills are required
- Experience in formal communication with institutions (national and international)
- Good organizational skills (meetings, workshops)
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, including self-motivation and an ability to initiate actions and to follow through to satisfactory completion.
- A good level of computer literacy, especially word-processing, budget and spreadsheet preparation, database record systems, electronic mail.
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Understanding and applying WWF social and environmental safeguards
- Aligning with the core values of the WWF: courage, collaboration, respect and integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Availability to travel (always respecting national and international Covid travel limitations).
Information and procedure
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Then we invite you to express your interest until January 22nd 2022 by sending an e-mail with motivation letter and CV in English with list of two references to email@example.com and titled „Project Officer“. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted, and for selected candidates interview will be held virtually.