The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Prijave otvorene do 9. jula.
Reports to: Wildlife Program Officer
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
WWF is one of the world’s leading non-governmental and non-profit organizations for nature conservation. WWF has been established in 1961 and has representative offices in over 100 countries across the globe and approximately 7000 employees. The organization is proud of its supporters of over five million people.
WWF Adria represents WWF within the countries of Western Balkans with approximately more than 40 employees. It operates through a WWF Adria office in Zagreb (Croatia), WWF Adria-Serbia office in Belgrade, and partner organizations and consultants within the rest of the region. To implement its conservation goals WWF Adria operates in the structure of different programmes (Marine, Freshwater, Protected Areas & Governance and Wildlife) which are contributing to the protection of various ecosystems or to the improvement of governance of protected areas within the Protected Areas & Governance Programme.
As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We, therefore, welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social, and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, and political views.
- Manages Wildlife & Connectivity projects and implements project activities according to project work plans
- Maintains and develops partnerships and stakeholder engagement according to project work plans and needs
- Supports monitoring and reporting at the project level for Wildlife & Connectivity
- Supports fundraising for WWF Adria
- Supports program manager/officer in building partnerships and managing relationships with stakeholders relevant to the Wildlife & Connectivity strategy
- Implements project activities, monitors and reports on project implementation for Wildlife & Connectivity projects on behalf of WWF Adria-Serbia;
- Maintains close cooperation with partners at the European and Adria level, ensuring the implementation of joint project activities, and supporting smooth integration of stakeholders in project activities;
- Informs, actively engages, develops, and maintains good relations with key actors/target audiences/stakeholders, in a constructive and solution-oriented approach (taking into account their needs and responsibilities), in order to address challenges;
- Assists in the communication of project´s implementation, actions, and results to key actors/target audiences/stakeholders, interested parties, and general public;
- Actively participates and represents WWF Adria-Serbia in project workshops and meetings;
- Coordinates preparation of needed expert analyses, identified in agreement with other WWF Adria colleagues; leads preparation of relevant ToRs and task descriptions;
- Coordinates and supports the implementation of policy actions, including organizing consultations with relevant stakeholders, coordinating policy recommendations development, monitoring and engaging in selected policy processes;
- Participates and actively engages in fundraising activities for WWF Adria;
- Represent WWF Adria in the WWF Network and other international fora, as required
- University degree in any of the following areas: environmental science, natural resources science, ecology, or related fields;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in environmental science, natural resources science, wildlife, environmental policy, or related fields;
- Basic knowledge of monitoring & evaluation systems at the project and programme level and project administration (budgeting, administrative procedures);
- Experience in formal communication with authorities/institutions (national and international) and lobbying/advocacy;
- Experience with project management;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, including self-motivation and ability to initiate actions and to follow through to satisfactory completion;
- Fluent oral and written Serbian and English communication skills are required;
- Broad knowledge of the geography, societies, economies, politics, and pertinent issues of conservation and development within the program’s scope of work;
- Aligning with the core values of the WWF: courage, collaboration, respect, and integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly, and innovate fearlessly.
- Adheres to WWF values, including social and environmental safeguards.
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Then we invite you to express your interest by July 9th, 2023 by sending an e-mail with a motivation letter and CV in English with a list of two references to email@example.com and titled „Wildlife Project Officer“.Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted, and for selected candidates, the interview will be held virtually.