The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Ako imate iskustvo od 5 godina u zagovaranju politika zaštite životne sredine, zanimaju vas klimatske promene i želite da doprinesete razvoju lokalnih organizacija, pošaljite nam CV i motivaciono pismo do 4. februara 2022. godine
Position title: Program officer – environment and climate policy
Reports to: WWF Adria Director of Conservation
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Engagement: Full time position, fixed term contract
WWF Adria is representing WWF within the countries of Western Balkans with approximately more than 60 employees. It operates through a WWF Adria office in Zagreb (Croatia), WWF Adria-Serbia office in Belgrade, and partner organizations and consultants within the rest of the region. To implement its conservation goals WWF Adria operates in the structure of different programmes (Marine, Freshwater, Protected Areas & Governance and Wildlife) which are contributing to protection of different ecosystems or to the improvement of governance of protected areas within the Protected Areas & Governance Programme.
As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We therefore welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political views.
Proliferation of these problems has sparked an increase in a number of local organizations and initiatives which are trying to influence environmental policies, but still poorly. Capacities, interests, and circumstances of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and grass-roots Community Based Organizations (CBOs) are diverse, and there is a need for flexible and adjustable mechanisms for support and capacity development. Namely, effective and lasting resolution of these problems can only happen through well-structured processes, where strong and credible CSOs are participating as equal partners to the governmental institutions.
- Major Functions
- Supports development and implementation of conservation program’s strategy for WWF Adria, specifically in the area of policy and policy advocacy;
- Supports integration of WWF Adria program into relevant WWF Network goals and initiatives;
- Supports fundraising in accordance with WWF Adria conservation strategy;
- Responsible for development and implementation of relevant policy and advocacy strategy and integration across the units;
- Supports WWF Adria development by building partnerships and managing relationships with stakeholders relevant for the conservation program’s strategy;
- Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads policy advocacy of WWF Adria in EU accession countries; develops policy priorities and relevant advocacy strategies; identifies milestones and impact indicators to monitor progress;
- Implements and monitors programs of work involving the development of the approach, evidence based strategies, and related tools and methodologies, monitoring and reporting frameworks;
- Develops required input for internal monitoring systems, and participates in the progress monitoring, and results evaluation and mid-year / end-year reporting following the WWF monitoring timeline;
- Initiates adaptive management to Strategy based on external developments, identifies and implements adaptive management strategies in work plans;
- Monitors relevant policy developments on global, EU and national levels, seeking opportunities to influence them for our benefit, or making use of those developments to further our work;
- Plans, drafts and edits policy research designs, gathers data, provides policy data and draft policy reports, briefs, summaries and other forms of written communication, as aligned with WWF Policy Development Guidelines;
- Supports policy colleagues in other countries to develop advocacy strategies, and provides advice during its implementation, monitoring and adaptive management;
- Maps key stakeholders and targets on regional and national levels; develops and implements stakeholder engagement plans to develop relationships and secure opportunity to influence;
- Advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with relevant national stakeholders in WWF Adria countries;
- Proposes development of strategic partnerships with variety of partners (e.g. CSOs / NGOs, government, business) that would further our work and increase impact; develops partnerships for change, in alignment with WWF guidelines and WWF Adria Strategy;
- Develops and implements capacity building programs for CSOs and CBOs to engage effectively in various aspects of environmental decision making, including advocating for their cause; provides training and education in own topic of expertise and sources adequate experts to implement other capacity building needs;
- Leads the implementation of projects assigned to their supervision, including monitoring and reporting; carries out specific tasks in projects as identified in projects implementation and work plans and monitoring / reporting plans;
- Manages partners, consultants, sub-contractors engaged on projects to ensure high quality performance and delivery of results, in accordance with WWF values, procedures and guidelines;
- Leads the content/technical development of funding proposals and identification and relation building with potential project partners, cooperating with senior management and administration teams in preparing submissions;
- Ensures coordination and alignment of WWF Adria’s positions and approaches in relation to policies related to environment and climate with relevant WWF Network positions and EU accession negotiations; coordinates with WWF European Policy Office on any policy work in Brussels that may be required to support our country-specific work;
- Represents WWF Adria at expert meetings and conferences internationally, regionally and nationally; represents WWF Adria in relevant WWF Network platforms;
- Responds to media enquiries and provides interviews when needed;
- Adheres to WWF Adria quality assurance framework, operational guidelines, and administrative procedures;
- Supports WWF Adria fundraising by identifying new donor opportunities and new lines of work to pursue;
- Minimum: A University degree in the broad area of political science, public policy, international policy, environmental or climate policy, environmental science, environmental law or related fields and 5 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated lobbying and advocacy skills, partnership building, and project management. Experience in delivering education / capacity building training is an added value.
- Experience with M&E systems at both impact and outcome level is essential.
- Excellent oral and written Serbian and English communication skills are required. Ability to clearly communicate and explain sometimes complex and theoretical messages in an easy to understand manner.
- Broad knowledge of the geography, societies, economies, politics and pertinent issues of conservation and development within the project’s scope. Sound understanding of the CSOs and CBOs scene in Serbia.
- Ability to provide lobbying and advocacy guidance to project teams within the unit.
- Ability to interpret geopolitical context of our work and translate into practical guidance for developing WWF Adria strategies and approaches.
- Good inter-personal and organizational skills, including self-motivation and an ability to initiate actions and to follow through to satisfactory completion.
- Excellent communications skills, diplomacy and negotiations. A good level of computer literacy.
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good team work skills; ability to work independently and deliver results.
- Aligning with the core values of the WWF: courage, collaboration, respect and integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
- Understanding and applying WWF social and environmental safeguards.
- Information and procedure